Monday, October 28, 2013

The Lower 48

A few weeks ago I went out on a Tuesday and rode my birthday ride. That's 48 miles for 48 years. I decided to go for the end of my absolute favorite trail, The Heart of Iowa Nature Trail. To ensure my mileage would be accurate, I used G-maps Pedometer to back track 24 miles from Rhodes (the Eastern trail head) to a starting point. That left me with a start right on the edge of Huxley, and a super easy access point. It was a great day for a ride, as they all are, and this one did not disappoint. I had never been to Rhodes Iowa until that day. A charming small town, with two bars, a service station, a post office, and a Vietnam-era M48 Tank!!!!! Here are a few images from the day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great To See A Positive review of our Small Town! We Love Having Visitors! The Hoy Bridge Is one of Iowa's Best Kept Secrets! Cheers, Caleb Perin